Vance & hines and center stand question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance & hines and center stand question

I have a 1983 gs850g that the PO installed a vance and hines 4-1 exhaust on...at some point the center stand was removed also...my question is did they take off the center stand because the exhaust interfered with it? I would like a center stand again, but dont know if it will fit anymore...Im new to this bike. can I install one still? what years will fit the 83?

thanks

v&h typically clears all the important points - oil filter, oil drain plug, both stands, rear footpegs...
    you can use a central stand from '82 and up 850g and also '82 and up 1100g
    GS850GT

Comment

it depends on the V&H system they installed. the megaphone system usually clears (all chrome). if they installed a supersport system (black with aluminum canister) you gain a lot of cornering clearance at the expense of the center stand oil drain access and oil filter access.

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

this is what I have. thanks

Comment

it looks like you should be able toput the centrestand back on
          but it's hard to be 100% sure just from the pic
          have a look at the pic of my 850, the pipe sits in a similar position to yours and i do have the centrestand
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X