main jet or raise needles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

main jet or raise needles?

4n1 pipe, my plugs are on the white side, k&n filter in stock airbox, main jet is 100...what size main should i try or should i raise the needles? im more interested in the main jet, i belive this will solve the problem, i just dont want to spend a fortune swapping main jets.

Re: main jet or raise needles?

Vance and Hines specifies 116 mains for a 77-79 GS 750 using their 4 into 1 exhaust.

Earl

Originally posted by rick romero
    4n1 pipe, my plugs are on the white side, k&n filter in stock airbox, main jet is 100...what size main should i try or should i raise the needles? im more interested in the main jet, i belive this will solve the problem, i just dont want to spend a fortune swapping main jets.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Get the main right irst before changing the needles. You need a high load run on full throttle for a little bit, then read the plugs.

Comment

saaz i know about running it then shutting off the bike but i dont want to buy 10 sets of main jets to get it right, they want like 10 bucks a jet 8O

Comment

saaz i know about running it then shutting off the bike but i dont want to buy 10 sets of main jets to get it right, they want like 10 bucks a jet

Ten bucks a jet? I'd be looking up a new parts supplier! Mikuni large rounds should cost no more than $2.00-$2.50 each.

Comment

thats what the suzuki stealer wants for a jet....i found some jets on cycle recycle website for way cheaper.

Comment

Yeah, and the cycle recycle guys are great to deal with. I buy everything I can through them.

Earl

Originally posted by rick romero
              thats what the suzuki stealer wants for a jet....i found some jets on cycle recycle website for way cheaper.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
              X