Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Ignition

Hello All.

Bike: 82 GS850G, 41K, stock everything, that I know of. I simply cannot find any information that references the proper way to check or set electronic ignition. I've used the search feature, but after 2 hours of looking, I still haven't found what I think I need to know.

Is there a proper way to set your electronic ignition? My Clymers only references points. This kind of seems like a simple deal, but for some reason, I can't find any info on it. Maybe I've over looked the obvious...

All help is welcome.

loudest143

theres nothing to be set on the electronic ignition

unless you take the engine apart and put it back together, but even then its only about aligning the two lines on the ignition pickup plate
    GS850GT

Comment

I know it was a really dumb question, thanks for being kind. Explains the lack of information out there.

loudest143

Comment

We can get electronic ignition for these?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Porosky View Post
          For what?
          Dynatek is the world leader in high performance electronic products for motorcycles. Best-in-class ignition solutions, fuel tuners, coil kits and more. Shop Online!
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

New to the GS's but sounds like carbs are a pain and electronics may make things easier

Comment

What year and model do you have?
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

since 1980!!!
                GS850GT

Comment

I have a 82 GS850GL,,,,is there any benefit to electronics if the carbs are set up right?

Comment

I have a 82 GS850GL,,,,is there any benefit to electronics if the carbs are set up right?
                    The ignition system is electric (the spark control system), the fuel system is controlled by the carburetors and is not electronic in any way.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

you're probably thinking cdi controled fuel injection
                      now, that'd be nice!
                      GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                      X