officially depressed might just sell my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

officially depressed might just sell my bike

well late nite i gave it a oil change. I drove it today put 18 miles on it was great after the 18 miles it was bogging in and out again.running good then later running crap.then all of sudden is starts to make a knock noise once in awhile. It sounds like its coming from the starter also sounds like the starter isnt disengaing and hitting the flywheel that is making that noise bike also seems to run extremely hot was smoking when i let it sit i started it bike up it was like once that knock made that noise the rpm's went up?so now it is sputtering still and now another problem?i just cant win with this bike anymore. Most of all i make crap for work and new coils are to expensive.
    dont know what to do i love my bike but just dont know what to about anything anymore.

give it a rest for a while, it may be easier to troubleshoot after taking a break from all the work/thinking about it

i havent yet heard of a gs that couldnt be rescued
    GS850GT

Comment

I agree, walk away for a week or so. Put your mind on something else. I have a Datsun 240Z project that I've had for a few years now and when I get ****ed off at it I work on my Lotus replica or other projects in the garage. It's always good to have another project waiting for you so you can clear your head. It will all come to you when you are thinking clearly. Take a step back and just let it happen. Don't do anything you will regret later.

Comment

There's gotta be a GSer up there in MN. Give out a holler!
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I have a ford truck that needs some body work and a tune up i am gonna focus on that. The thing that only bothers me is when i am driving and see all the bikers. Then i am wishing i could be driving my bike. just hope my bike is alright and fixable without alot of money having to put into it.

Comment

Yep agree with everyone else, time to walk away from it for a while and come back to it later. Problem will still be there but you won't cause any new ones by having a spell from it.

Comment

Working...
            X