Strange choke happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange choke happenings

I just rebuilt the carbs and now if I pull the choke lever too high, it bogs the motor. For years the choke would just raise the RPM's. What did I do wrong? I can start the bike fine on 1/4 choke, I'm just concerned that something is different.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

You may have inadvertently changed the choke adjustment when putting it back together. try adjusting the cable first :twisted:

Comment

Checked the cable, it's functioning correctly. I may have put in some air screws wrong or something?
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: Strange choke happenings

Sounds to me like you did a good job in rebuilding and cleaning the carbs and your choke is now working the way it is supposed to. Mine works the same way. Congratulations. ITS RIGHT....LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! :-) :-) :-)

eARL

Originally posted by Jethro
        I just rebuilt the carbs and now if I pull the choke lever too high, it bogs the motor. For years the choke would just raise the RPM's. What did I do wrong? I can start the bike fine on 1/4 choke, I'm just concerned that something is different.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
        X