84 gs1150 spring rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 gs1150 spring rates

i had the good fortune to purchase a 84 gs 1150 es for 300 can. dollars the bike came with a replacement shock for the rear . i changed it and found the bike dosent have as much pre load and the rear is very soft .
    my question is the original has a black spring and the new one has a blue spring did suzuki make differant springs for the bike or do i have one out of a smaller lighter bike of the same erra.

Nice score...lookin good.

Sounds like you have a lighter spring in the replacement shock.
    Many could wax eloquently about using the correct shock from ohlin / penske, et al for more than you paid for your bike; or..

You might just change the springs. Go to your local hardware store & get 2 turnbuckles and attach them as a spring compressor.

Comment

yes it was a good score. all that was wrong with it was a dirty gas tank and the rear shock. your idea is a good one the turn buckles should work great .
      thanks for the idea ......toolman

Comment

FYI

Light blue springs on a shock is indicative of a Works Performance model. Nice Shock overall, even rebuildable allowing for changes to the rebound damping characteristics.

Comment

thanks houdini , sounds like ill have to keep that one and change the spring. it is just too soft i am a big guy at 240 lbs and i am use to much stiffer suspension.good info thanks again.
          ......toolman

Comment

Working...
          X