Avon ST AV45/46 versus MetzlerMEZ2/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avon ST AV45/46 versus MetzlerMEZ2/4

Got to decide. Finally found some MEZ2`s and they are being discontinued. Reason for all this is companies dropping the 16 inch front in radial(120 size). The avon is a new release and looks more modern...more like the MEZ4 which replaced the 2....and like a pilot michelin which I love. I`ve never ran avon`s so I guess what I`m asking anyone has experience with these tires ...especially the avon`s??? BTW both these tires are rated as a sport touring tire. Some of the things I`ve read were not great on the MEZ2...slow turn in,heavy steering...quick wear rate but have seen some reviews where people thought they were great. Thanks!!!!

How about the Metzeler SPORTEC M-1 FRONT 120/70ZR17. they have it in 110 also if you need it. Check out www.discountmotorcycletire.com

Comment

Sorry, just realized you need a 16" front.

Comment

I have used the Avon Azure (spelling?) tires and found them to be very capable...but I only got about 3000 miles out of the rear tire before it was worn out.

Hap

Comment

Tire ratings?

Has anyone ever seen a website that includes motorcycle tire ratings? It seems like it would really be useful considering how important tire performance is to us.
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese
            Has anyone ever seen a website that includes motorcycle tire ratings? It seems like it would really be useful considering how important tire performance is to us.
            The motorcycle tire is the crucial outer component of the motorcycle wheel, directly connected to the rim. It delivers essential traction, durability against wear, absorption of surface irregularities, and enables the motorcycle to turn through countersteering. The contact patches of the two tires s

There is a little info on some of the current tires at the link above. Just click on the tire you want to see then click gain on the tire model when the next page comes up.

Comment

Thanks, Billy

Thanks, Billy....What I wish I could find is performance comparisons between different brands...sort of like you'd find at Consumer Reports comparing dish washers, TV's, etc.
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Here's a little something on high performance radials.

Comment

Re: Thanks, Billy

Originally posted by chuckycheese
                  Thanks, Billy....What I wish I could find is performance comparisons between different brands...sort of like you'd find at Consumer Reports comparing dish washers, TV's, etc.
                  There are some tire (tyre in UK) comparisons on the MCN website http://www.motorcyclenews.com/home . I don't have the page reference, so you will have to search the site. I read a comparison review of tires for "middleweights" on this site about 3 weeks ago. It was quite useful.

Comment

Working...
                  X