over heating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over heating?

on a 79 gs850 what would make it over heat and quit?
    was going 60 started to loose power like no throtle cable action, was starting to slow to around 35-40 when found place to get off road it quit completly when the brake was applied to slow to turn the corner? after about 15 minutes of sitting and a ride home in the back of the truck, it started right up again. what would make it over heat and quit?

Make sure the motor is over heating and not electronics. For a 4 stroke to overheat such as you are saying, I doubt you'd be able to start it again and ride it home in 15 minutes. But, if you have a bad coil or condenser or the such, it could heat up and separate, and cool down to work again in that time.

Comment

I all ways like to throw this out, it may be completely unrelated but took me a bit to track down on my bike. Make sure your fuel tank is venting correctly. it will run for a while then start loosing power as the fuel flow decreases, then after some time of setting the fuel flow will return as the pressure in the tank returns.

Comment

You always feel like you are running out of gas when your tank is not vented though...because you are.

Comment

Working...
        X