Dash lights on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash lights on

Ok I have 1982gs1100e and it sat for a short time and I went I trouble shoot a noise down under .When it started all the dash lights stayed on and would not go out oil pressure,kickstand light headlight out warning light and taillight out stayed on ,it runs, went over the harness as it was messed with by PO.
    The only thing is the wires out of the r/r were real hot to the touch would this if bad short out the dashlights?Thanks M

No, I wouldn't think so.... The RR wires probably will get warm they are handling a lot of power. You likely have a break in a cable somewhere shorting them out. Perfectly possible as they can be quite brittle now..

I would check around the neck of the frame as that's where there see most stress & get rubbed etc.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Took and opened the whole wireing harness and no shorts and the gauges are still on .
      So I got on the road (DMV) the 81 850 for the first real ride sence I bought it and what a nice riding bike real smooth.Put drag bars on and it fits nice.
      M

Comment

If you look at top right is a long box with check panel control unit on it but in the ele flitch it is called head light realy is it the same.? is this a hard find and how to tell if it is bad .Think this maybe the prob?

Comment

Working...
        X