Moisture in Sync Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisture in Sync Tool?

I have a motion pro mercury sync tool the looks like the eztra humidity has deposited some water in the tubes. Will the sync process be effected in anyway? When the bike is running and the mercury level is rising, there is a bit of water on top of the column of mercury in 2 of the tubes. Do I need to find a way (how would you anyway) remove the water? If it is ok to stay, do I sync to the top of the mercury column or the top of the fluid column?

Sync to the top of the MERCURY. Ray.

Comment

Just about any way I can think of to remove the water would risk getting into the mercury, too. Probably the safest would be to see if you can stick a Q-tip down the column just enough to touch the water and wick it up. Other than that, just live with it and read the mercury level, not the water level.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well I used them last night to help a friend on a KZ1000 and had no problems with the moisture in the tubes, just followed the combined wisdom here and worked away.

On another point, the KZ1000 has sync port permently afixed to the boots with plugs to cap them. It was pretty nice to be able pull the sticks off and put the bike back to running order without having to let it cool down to put the plugs back in.

Comment

Working...
        X