Did you know this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know this?

i've always been intrigued by the sattle differences suzuki (and other manufactures) would inroduce on the same model bike when exporting to different markets

a same model/year bike can have minor differences in carburettor jetting, wiring harness setup, wheel sizes, required quantity of fork oil, bulb wattage, brake design, etc etc

in my recently acquired suzuki gs850 service manual bulletin specific to 850 '82 model i discovered that the seat height on that model only and for the canadian market only was lowered by 15mm (approx 5/8")

how cool is that?
    GS850GT

Yep

That's very common right here in the U.S., thanks to the weirdos in California. Even back as long ago as 1988, I bought a new HD FXRS.

I had my mother buy it in Oregon because the California model had a different cam, different carbs and a goofy emissions cannister. Consequently, they would barely run until you'd paid someone to straighten the mess out. So, the term often used for bikes used to be the "California model" and the "49 states model".

In 1970, I bought a Yamaha Enduro in Japan. When I left, I took it to Hawaii and there were a number of differences between the one I had and the ones there.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I had no idea Canadians had shorter legs than the rest of us. Hmm.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        I had no idea Canadians had shorter legs than the rest of us. Hmm.
        You should have seen the Enduro I bought in Japan. The seat height was only about 2 feet!
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
        X