Banjo brake bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banjo brake bolt

I've spent the last hour reading threads concerning ss brake lines. I want to have a double banjo bolt at the front master and connect both front lines to it and eliminate the splitter.

Which one? 3242-8 or 3242-9

Or does someone have a better (and by better, I mean less expensive) place to get a double banjo bolt?

That's kinda fun to say...double banjo bolt....

We stock a wide selection of pre-assembled braided stainless PTFE racing brake hoses from Goodridge, the leading supplier to professional auto racing teams.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

I am trying to remember from memory, but I was thinking one of the bolts on the splitter was a double, ... I could be way out to lunch on that though.

Just checked the image on bikebandit, looks like one of the bolts on your 81 is a double, should be able to just use that.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2008, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I think you're correct

Originally posted by JHawkins View Post
      I am trying to remember from memory, but I was thinking one of the bolts on the splitter was a double, ... I could be way out to lunch on that though.
      Just checked the image on bikebandit, looks like one of the bolts on your 81 is a double, should be able to just use that.
      I think I did read that. I know it's only a bolt, but I'm a little hesitate to reuse a 27yr old bolt. Also, when I do this, I would like all nice new parts and pieces.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
        I think I did read that. I know it's only a bolt, but I'm a little hesitate to reuse a 27yr old bolt. Also, when I do this, I would like all nice new parts and pieces.
        New is always nice, the price on bike bandit for the double is like 3 bucks, probably get one from a local dealer pretty cheap and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by JHawkins View Post
          New is always nice, the price on bike bandit for the double is like 3 bucks, probably get one from a local dealer pretty cheap and easy.
          Thanks, I'll check that out. I didn't even think of local dealers.

I know it's 10mm, how about the 1.00mm or 1.25mm ?
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

It might have had the specs on one of the bolts on bikebandit, you would have to check it out to be sure.

Comment

I think the prices went up some.

Larry D
              1980 GS450S
              1981 GS450S
              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I would use the one on the splitter. Clean it up with a dremmel or something. Use new washers though.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

your looking at aftermarket, check out the OEM part, the actual suzuki part is like 3 bucks.

Comment

My mistake.

You know, you guys are right. Think I'll just reuse the splitter double banjo bolt.
                    It's still fun to say though.
                    Thanks
                    Larry D
                    1980 GS450S
                    1981 GS450S
                    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

hehe, I have "Dueling Banjos" going through my head!

Comment

I know it's 10mm, how about the 1.00mm or 1.25mm

10mm x 1.00mm.

Good luck with your brake line replacement
                        '85 GS550L - SOLD
                        '85 GS550E - SOLD
                        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                        '81 GS750L - SOLD
                        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Sounds uncomfortable

Now all I have to do is figure out the rest of the components I need. I'm going to make them myself.

Thanks for the "Homemade SS Brakelines" thread Nessism.

Seems easy enough. Getting the right banjos and such is a little confusing to me. It should become more apparent after I take the old ones off.

The back looks like a challange. But like a good friend told me once.."Inch by inch, anything's a cinch"
                          I would've used millimeters there but it doesn't rhyme with cinch.
                          Larry D
                          1980 GS450S
                          1981 GS450S
                          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
                          X