BS32 Carbs and K&N pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS32 Carbs and K&N pods

OK, here's maybe a really dumb question-My 650G is down for a repaint, refinishing, general cleanup and carb cleaning. Since the carbs are off, I'm considering switching to pod air filters. I think they look great.

I want to stay with K&N. There are no K&N pod filters listed for a 650. However, they are listed for the GS750, which I understand also uses Mikuni BS32 carburetors. What is stopping me from using the filters under the GS750 part number if its the same carb? Wouldn't the intake be the same diameter?

BS32 Carbs and K&N pods: a marriage made in hell.

I'm sure you'll get other opinions...
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Buy the pods! Guys that whine about pods just don't have enough skill or experience yet to make them work! LOL!!! You will find it MUCH easier to get your carbs in & out to do the jetting with the stock airbox out of the way. AND, as an added benefit, the bike will be lighter! Do you have a 4 into 1 yet? Good luck, Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        .........Do you have a 4 into 1 yet? Good luck, Ray.
        It has a MAC 4>1 that'll part of the refinishing task.

Comment

You will find it MUCH easier to get your carbs in & out to do the jetting with the stock airbox out of the way.
          ... and good thing, too, since that's all you'll be doing until your riding season is over.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

... You will find it MUCH easier to get your carbs in & out to do the jetting with the stock airbox out of the way. AND, as an added benefit, the bike will be lighter! ...
            Just to stir the pot a little, if you leave it stock you won't need to be removing the carb on a somewhat regular basis to fine-tune the jetting.

I see that you have a pipe to install, that's OK. Go up a couple sizes on the main jet, maybe shim the needles, set the mixture screws out about 2 to 2.5 turns, you will be good to go. One time out with the carbs.
            sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

BAHHHHH
              What fun is that.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X