Help! with needle valve seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! with needle valve seat

I know it is suppose to pull straight out it won't budge I've soaked it in carb cleaner and don't want to ruin it forcing it out HELP!

Sometimes some heat will get them loose. Drop the needle and seat into some boiling water for a few and see if that loosens things up.

Comment

Hi,

Have you soaked it for 24 hours in Berryman chem dip?

Don't force it. Just get a bigger hammer.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Black 550 L View Post
        I know it is suppose to pull straight out it won't budge I've soaked it in carb cleaner and don't want to ruin it forcing it out HELP!
        Acitone is better for disolving fuel varnish, but it's harder to find these days. Paint stores usually have it. Some times using a vacuum pump (like a brake bleeder) if you can get the hose to seal over the hole. It applies atmospheric pressure on the other side if it to push at where it's stuck.

Good Luck

Comment

I have not soaked in berrymans yet I didn't know if I should Yet
          Go ahead and soak it for 24 hours then pull the seat out and clean?
          Will the berrymans dissolve the O ring and make it easier to remove? This is what I will try If this is correct. Thanks

Comment

The little o ring on the valve seat is going to be replaced with a nice new one........right? You do have all new o-rings......right? So go ahead a soak that puppy, should loosen it enough to pull right out.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Yes I have all nice new O rings from Robert Barr

Comment

It shouldn't take the whole 24hrs to loosen enough to get the seat out. Just try it every so often. Once it's removed continue your dipping.
                Larry D
                1980 GS450S
                1981 GS450S
                2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Black 550 L View Post
                  mine's stuck too......in the dip as we speak...

Comment

I pull them out with vice grips and replace them.
                    Twist and rock till they come out. Be careful of the float posts though.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

What Bill said! Ray.

Comment

I might be a day late and a dollar short on this but berryman's will strip the brass coating on the needles ( brass jets are safe ) and leave them a dull alluminum finish, don't know if this will hurt perfomance.

Also Home Depot, Lowes and Wal-mart sell Acetone if you still need to find it, in the paint dept.

Hope this helps.

Comment

12 hour soak and it came out very easy Thanks for everyones help it is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by OhioEric View Post
                            mine's stuck too......in the dip as we speak...
                            mine popped right out, after 8 hrs in the dip....no problems! Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                            X