No announcement yet.

750 oil pump gears on GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with saaz. My main point here is that with a oil such as rotella it is not subject to lower zinc/phosphorous standards. I made a mistake by saying that the zinc/phosphorous had been removed...it as saaz said been lowered and friction gook added...thats why its bad on wet clutches. They get around that being a fleet oil. Personally I think any fleet oil is better than the standard auto oil....thats just my opinion which really doesn`t count for much. I have tried valvoline dino bike recently just to try it...can`t tell a bit of difference and cost 3 bucks a quart. Have tried recently again Mobil 1 bike oil...except for what I felt was rough shifting ..again no difference. I change my oil very often so I have no concerns about breakdown. BTW valvoline owns kendall.. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by terry
      My question though is, if the GS(X) gears increase the oil flow, how come the oil pressure isn't increased? What's the difference between oil flow, and oil pressure?
      The difference is what the oil is being pumped into. On roller bearing cranks, the oil is just being pumped through large holes, with no resistance to flow, therefore no pressure is generated.
      Its like an electrical short circuit.
      On plain bearing engines, the oil is forced through smaller orifices formed by the bearings themselves therefore pressure builds up.
      Obviously the pump has to be of a type that can cope with back pressure.

Comment

[quote="brit7.11
        The difference is what the oil is being pumped into. On roller bearing cranks, the oil is just being pumped through large holes, with no resistance to flow, therefore no pressure is generated.
        Its like an electrical short circuit.
        On plain bearing engines, the oil is forced through smaller orifices formed by the bearings themselves therefore pressure builds up.
        Obviously the pump has to be of a type that can cope with back pressure.[/quote]

Thanks Martin, that makes sense. How come Brit's like to drink their beer warm? Is it really because Lucas make all their refrigerators? :twisted:

Comment

Ah ha, thats a myth!!

Bitter and mild were traditionally served at the temperature of the cellar in which they were stored. That wasn't warm but actually pretty cool, but not chilled because--- guess what? We were drinking beer over here before electricity was invented! In summer, it would obviously get a bit less cool!

Nowadays, lager type rubbish is served chilled like anywhere else, but proper beer is served cool. That way you can taste it better. Yummy.

As the ad says: "Australians get xxxx-ing everywhere"

Comment

Working...
          X