Bike has to have Engine starter to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike has to have Engine starter to start

Ok I own one of the 85 GS 700EF's that is in the gallery. I have been gone from for quite awhile so please excuse my absence. My question is this, My bike has to have engine starter fluid to get it to start when it it cold. Also the bike doesn't like to idle all that well either. Also I think one of the carbs is not putting out enough fuel. So what can I do to correct this problem. My dad has the bike now and I have a 89 Katana 750. I am trying to find out all the info I can to get it running better for him. Any help is apperciated. Thanks for all the help up front...

Sounds like the carbs need a good cleaning, especially the choke & pilot circuits. Idleing problem, pilot circuit problem. Cold start problem, choke circuit.

Comment

could possibly be the floats as well.. .suggest good deep cleaning, and maybe a sync

Comment

Ok thanks. Is there anything you must do to adjust the floats or anything liek that. I had the carbs sync but the people who done it left a shop rag in the air box and it got sucked up into the carbs so I guess I need to go back and get them to give me my money back. It has been over 2 yrs now... Anyway thanks for the info..

Comment

Clean the hell out of the carbs, get FRESH gas, check the float level.

Comment

Working...
          X