gsx 1100 oil leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx 1100 oil leaks

My `81 gsx 1100 ex, is blowing oil out at the brather when i go over 80 mils an hour, and it all goes on the raer wheel, what must i do to stop it and i cant get any filter that needs to go in at the braether. Can any one help me here.

The breather hose should connect to the air box. If you have pods you should have a filter connected to the end of the hose-installed at upwards angle so anything will drain back into the engine.
    Have you checked the oil level ? If the petcock is bad it could allow gas to get into the crankcase overfilling it causing lots of problems including blowing oil out the breather

Comment

You may also want to do a compression test & leak down test if you find the crankcase is NOT over filled. Ray.

Comment

Hi, well i dont have the origenal carbs on and no air box, i got mikuni carbs on " slaids " Do you think it is sump compression ?

Comment

Hi there the engen isn't over filled with oil it is exactly on the full mark on the glass view. Do you think its sump compression ? And the engen is not leaking any oil any where ells

Comment

If it is NOT over filled then I'll bet money the rings are tired & the oil is getting pushed out because of "blow by". "Blow by" is a condition created when the rings loose tension & allow compession to "blow by" them & pressurize the crankcase & push oil out the breather. To fix it requires a cylinder hone & re-ring. You need to do a leakdown test to see if that is the issue. Ray.

Comment

PM sent.............

Comment

Working...
              X