Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitsuba 4 brush starter brush replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
    Anyway, I'm curious if you break them in or not? After I service them I will run them out in the open for a while with a lower voltage and with no load to get the brushes to seat back into place.
    That's an interesting idea. I didn't, and so far have not had any problems. If I did it again (I DO have an extra four brush starter which needs rebuilding) I'd probably break it in first, but I wouldn't worry about lower voltage ... just running it under a "no load" condition would more than likely suffice...

Regards,

Comment

From my slot car days as a kid, when the parts are new you can get all sorts or sparks flying. The higher the voltage the more sparks. Maybe it's not an issue but I run it at a lower voltage to keep arc to a minimum. Was actually thinking to try and spin one with no power next time to get rid of the arcing all together.

Last two rebuilds only made it about a season so maybe I do more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
        From my slot car days as a kid, when the parts are new you can get all sorts or sparks flying. The higher the voltage the more sparks. Maybe it's not an issue but I run it at a lower voltage to keep arc to a minimum. Was actually thinking to try and spin one with no power next time to get rid of the arcing all together.

Last two rebuilds only made it about a season so maybe I do more harm than good.
        Things that make you go "Hmmmm!"

Regards,

Comment

Working...
        X