Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one near Green Bay Have a Carb sync?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one near Green Bay Have a Carb sync?

Need a carb sync in near future I live in Green Bay I have been refered to some pretty pricey people that would do it wondering if there is a good person out there that would do It if i helped them out with it I have a automotive technical degree and half of a diesel one so I will not be useless I just need the sync tool

Hey! Off topic but I live in Green Bay too! Actually just heading out to go ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelen82gs550l View Post
      ... I have been refered to some pretty pricey people that would do it ...
      Just out of curiosity, how much have you been quoted?

My guess would be at least in the $75-100 range. For that kind of money, you can get your own gauge set. After the first time, you can think of all your carb sync checks as 'free'. Now you just found someone else that is near you, perhaps you can split the cost and get one to share.

Here are two of the more popular ones used by members here:
      Synch Pro, available at Z1 Enterprises for about $85
      Carbtune from Morgan, in England. At current exchange rates, it's about $118.
      Both of these are very high-quality, and are mercury-free, very easy to use and should last a lifetime.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have this one:

But i've never used it. Waiting to get everything right on the GS1K then figure out how it works.

Comment

Yeah I was looking into that one I almost bought it, but instead had to buy school books woot.

Comment

I also have this (Made in China) set. They work ok but the quality of the rubber hoses were rubbish -mine were cracked and perished virtually from new, so bought some 5mm clear plastic hose and replaced it - much better now. Still the set was quite cheap money wise.

Comment

VFRD > Homemade Manometer

I made one of these, works fine...cost of $15-20.00.

Comment

I looked at the plans for your meter and it looks like a very good idea I am a little concerned about the length of the hoses on your board, they dont look like they are completely the same length. Dont get me wrong great idea and you think about it you just need to get it close. I think I might just beable to make this with all the extra stuff I have in my garage. But I think I will put 90 degree angles on the two sides and then T's in the middle. Thanks For the great idea

Comment

They aren't my plans....found it on the web and it worked for me...glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X