Need help from GS850 owners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help from GS850 owners.

I have what I think is a 1980 GS850L that I bought without a title. The year is worn off the label on the steering head, so I can't be sure what year it is. My problem is I am trying to find side covers for it, but the ones I got are not correct. I need side covers that have two slots at the top and a prong at the botttom that sticks into a rubber bushing. The ones I got have two prongs at the top and one at the bottom.

Do the 1980 GS850L bikes have two slots on top for hanging on the L shaped brackets on the frame and a prong at the bottom for the rubber bushing? Or, have I not guessed the correct year model for my bike. Also, what other year GS850 has the mounting arrangement that I need?

Thanks,

Terry

Terry,

I have the '80 850L, and I have the side covers which you described: 2 slots on the top, and the 1 prong on the bottom of each side cover. Distance between the slots (center to center) is 6-3/4". Distance from forward-most slot to bottom prong, also 6-3/4".

Hope that helps.
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

The 80 has 2 slots on top and 1 prong at the bottom.

Comment

Mine is an 82

Mine has 2 tabs at the top and one at the bottom. All 3 socket into round rubber sockets.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. This clears it up for me. Cris, you have an '82, right?

Terry

Comment

Roger on that! my Wife's '82 GS850L has three posts! two on top one at the bottom! so you don't want that year!
            GY

Comment

Working...
            X