Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you get exhaust gaskets? I swear I searched first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you get exhaust gaskets? I swear I searched first!

I want to take off the exhaust on my bike to paint it, but I need gaskets first, what am I looking for?

1983 gs400E tscc

also are there gaskets at the muffler? my book says no, but there is some carbon buildup...

thanks!

Try Z1 Enterprises, http://www.z1enterprises.com/ . The guy is a member here and is great to deal with.

Comment

hmm, this is going to be a common issue with this bike methinks, gs400e not listed....

I just hate to pull it all apart to find its some weird triangle shaped gasket with a reverse metric hypo-flange-amajiggy...

thanks though!

Comment

I don't think they made a 400 in 1983. I'm guessing you have a late 1970's model.

Comment

Everywhere except the US they did.

It was called a GSX400E, but in Canada it retained the GS name.

I just don't know which exhaust gaskets will fit it is all.

Comment

Order 'em from your favorite source for Suzuki parts.

The Suzuki fiche will also tell you if there are any gaskets or sealing sleeves between the other parts of the exhaust system.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I believe that bike uses the same pistons as the '83 GS750E. If so the gaskets for a 750 will probably be the same as well.

Comment

Working...
              X