Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is my Kerker exhaust baffle supposed to look like? This is what I have.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my Kerker exhaust baffle supposed to look like? This is what I have.

My kerker exhaust is really loud. I pulled the baffle out and this is what I have. No idea what it is supposed to look like and if it's repairable. That tube with the holes is only about 3 inches long. The big piece moves freely in the exhaust. It almost seems like there is something missing or I'm not understanding something.

It is getting to be obnoxious driving down the street and no way on the highway.

Thanks for your help.

For some reason I can't upload my pictures here at work. I'll keep trying otherwise when I get home, I will add them.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM. Reason: Pictures added.

Originally posted by thauch View Post
    My kerker exhaust is really loud. I pulled the baffle out and this is what I have. No idea what it is supposed to look like and if it's repairable. That tube with the holes is only about 3 inches long. The big piece moves freely in the exhaust. It almost seems like there is something missing or I'm not understanding something.

It is getting to be obnoxious driving down the street and no way on the highway.

Thanks for your help.

For some reason I can't upload my pictures here at work. I'll keep trying otherwise when I get home, I will add them.
    The baffle tube should run the full length of the cannister.

Comment

Comment

If that's a K2 system it looks as if someone has done some modding to make it louder. On my K2 the baffle ran the full length of the cannister. A side shot of the cannister would help determine if it's a K2.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Well it's not a K2. Not sure what it is. It looks like the end cap is Kerker, just not sure what series. That little bitty cannister isn't going to muffle much. If you want less noise look for a longer cannister.

Comment

This is what it looks like on the bike.

Comment

Okay, it is a K2 or K2S. The perforated baffle is suppose to run the length of the cannister and wrapped in fiberglass. Your best bet is to watch Ebay for a trashed Kerker cannister and get the guts out of it unless you have a salvage yard near you. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kerke...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

Working...
                X