Any Ideas?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Ideas?????

OK got the sync goin, cant get 2 to come up....gets close but not there. I am using my tank off the bike attached as if it were on the bike...Will that make a difference? 1,4 are in order just above 3 ,2 just below its also having a rough time idling.... and It wont rev very well either.. what is going on? :x :x

Just for comparison sake a gs1150 is set with 2/3 lower by half a bubble or so...thats by the shop manual. I got a idea you have partially fouled the plugs. Its easy to do with one idling for a period of time. You shouldn`t have a fuel problem unless your petcock is a vacum one...a long extension might not open the petcock. If its got prime I would use that. good luck

Comment

I can run the tank on prime but then it floods(as expected) I am a little confused on what you mean. But I think I gat it.. the manual I hae says the same as the 1150... So whats the best course of action?

Comment

Check the simple things first: Did you plug the vacuum line that serves the petcock?

Comment

no on the plug the petcock line.. I was using it to control the pectock to flow the fuel.. is that a nono???? Also what effect will battery charge have on the way it runs during the test?? i have not hooked up my r/r yet (also have no draw other than ignition no lights, horns etc)... Anyways I was kinda hoping this would be easy.. oh well :roll: :roll:

Comment

ok yall a little maintanance update.. pulled the plugs. still ooking them up in the index but ill tell yall how they look. 1- black, dry little white cap on the stem slightly shiny on the electrode; 2- black almost powdery dry;
            3- clean as a whistle almost looks unused ;4- clean as a whistle dry. Now all these plugs were brand new have 0 miles and maybe 2 hours on them.
            3,4 although very clean have been burning(light soot in the base.. Well back to the drawing board!!!!

Comment

Still sounds like you`ve got needle and seat problems. Might have to go back in those carbs. If its stock I would set the carbs like the manual says. On a modified engine I just set them even all the way across.

Comment

somebody please give me a different answer!!!!! :P I have been in these things 2x in as many weeks.....Ihope it aint that. If it is what do I need to adjust?

Comment

I am ata loss.. Dont really want to tear open these carbs again and wouldnt know what to change if I did! !!!HELP!!!

Comment

Nope, shouldn't need to plug the petcock vacuum line if you are using it to operate the petcock; I missed that in your post. Other than leaking float needles/seats, are you sure the choke plungers for cylinders 1 and 2 are fully closed? (called 'Grasping at Straws to give you a different answer')

Comment

even on prime it should NOT flood the carbs. If you have cleaned the needles? did you change the O ring on the seat? If you have and they still leak You need to replace them. CLean the plugs and re sync the carbs. Also have you done a compression test??

Comment

You have to start with No 2 carbie to sync them. Get #2 to where you want it, then adjust the others ( first #1 to #2, then #3 to #2, then #4 to #3).

Hope this helps.

Kim

Comment

thanks yall I know im being difficult

Comment

Working...
                          X