Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am going to order some tires, any suggestions on size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to order some tires, any suggestions on size?

Stock my sizes are:

F - 3.60s18 4PR
    R - 4.10s18 4PR

I think I am going with the Cheng Shin HiMax (based of comments here).

I was going to order:

F - 100/90-18
    R - 110/90-19

Any suggestions on smaller/bigger ideas based on EXPERIENCE

thanks,
    ordering soon though, my tires are 18years old, haaaa need new ones before I take it out, and Im-a-itchin to

So I went with a 90/90 front and a 110/90 rear after talking with the guy.

Turns out mine isn't stock, and barring someone telling me different (looks around ) stock is always best

Comment

Originally posted by donimo View Post
      So I went with a 90/90 front and a 110/90 rear after talking with the guy.

Turns out mine isn't stock, and barring someone telling me different (looks around ) stock is always best
      Yes it is. When you start putting wider tires than stock on a bike the sidewalls get pinched down more than intended and you actually lose contact patch and the bike will want to fall into corners more.

Comment

stock is actually 3.00f/3.50r, but this was as close as i could get, the back isnt too wide is it?

Comment

The 110 will be perfect.

Comment

scwheeeeet.

Glad I found this site, waay too many tire choices out there and I was going to go with bridgestone battleax tires that the dealer recommended, for 3 times the price or the cheng shins...

tanks mang!

MAN I want to ride this bike...

Comment

Where did you order from? Tire Express is my current favorite unless I can find gently used rubber from weekend racers. I picked up a set of used Michelin Pilot Power in a race compound for about $80 for the set. Still plenty of tread on them.

Comment

I live on Vancouver Island, so I get a double screw-over, First I get the "Everything in Canada costs twice as much even though the dollar is pretty much the same" job, then on top I get the "I live on an Island where the only way off is a $120 ferry ride that adds 5 hours to any trip" one.

It makes shopping for ANYTHING that isn't found at a chain store like Wal-mart super expensive, but it is beautiful here, and it is the only place in Canada where 3 snowy days a year is a horrible winter.

I wouldn't move for all the cheap plastic in China though...

But to answer your question, I got them at the only place in town that sells motorbike tires, Duncan motorsports, $100 for the 2 tires, I don't think that is too bad considering.

Mail order from the states never works because unless you ship USPS there is a HUGE fee that places like UPS nails you with AT THE DOOR, and the only way to find out the fee is when they are sitting in your driveway, usually its 50-100 bux, nice eh?

Comment

You got a good deal. Especially since you had to go retail.

Comment

Working...
                  X