Anti-Dive Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Dive Conversion?

Has anyone tried using the Anti-Dive units from an 1150 on a 1100. I was wondering because the 1150 supplemental section of my manual states that the internal forks are the same as the 1100, other than the Posi-damp type Anti-Dive which no longer uses the brake hydraulic line for activation rather it senses increased fork pressure. The reason I ask is it would be nice to do away with the extra hydraulic line to clean up the look. Seperate the two systems completely. And the 1150 Anti-Dive has four adjustable damping settings for the duration of the damping effect.

Just one of those ideas that came up while reading my shop manual cover to cover for the hundreth time!

Dr. Dre

Andre there is only two problems with this "solution"
    1). the 1150 "anti-dive" is almost as totally useless as the "anti-dive" on previous models....and
    2). the units on the 1150 have a larger "footprint" where they bolt on and therefore would require you to re-drill and tap your forks to fit them.
    Dink

Comment

Sorry to disagree with you Duncan but the anti dive units from my gs1100e are not totally useless. They make very interesting paper weights.
      Actually, the removal of the extra brake hose and swapping bolts around works well. I also put progressive springs in my tubes. Some folks just remove the large banjo bolt from the caliper and throw it away. Then they use the small banjo bolt from the unit to re connect the caliper to the main brake line. I put a new bolt in place of the bolt on the dive unit but many folks just leave it out and that works.

Comment

[quote="1100ed"]Sorry to disagree with you Duncan but the anti dive units from my gs1100e are not totally useless. quote]

Well your anti fall in the driveway unit sure is worthless!. Sorry Dom I couldnt resist

Comment

[quote="Jay B"]
          Originally posted by 1100ed
          Sorry to disagree with you Duncan but the anti dive units from my gs1100e are not totally useless. quote]

Well your anti fall in the driveway unit sure is worthless!. Sorry Dom I couldnt resist
          Well Jb we will have to form a special group to resolve the driveway thing.

Comment

Scotty:
            You guys could get some 2' long highway pegs that fold up for the corners. That, or floor boards off of a goldwing.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
              Scotty:
              You guys could get some 2' long highway pegs that fold up for the corners. That, or floor boards off of a goldwing.

Steve
              Steve
              At his very moment i am constructing just what you have suggested. Extra long highway pegs that are spring loaded and have small wheels on the ends.

Comment

Scotty I think they actually make those for Goldwings.....If not maybe Earl with his airplane expereince can help. Something that comes out when you get under a certain speed and retracts as you speed up like a swept wing figher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay B
                  Scotty I think they actually make those for Goldwings.....If not maybe Earl with his airplane expereince can help. Something that comes out when you get under a certain speed and retracts as you speed up like a swept wing figher.
                  my brother saw those on a gold qing last year. he said he couldnt believe it. i go for a hack later on . I alwayse liked Daves uraL.

Comment

Working...
                  X