No announcement yet.

carb sync tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your ordering a Morgan carb tune its worth ordering a spare set of hoses.

With the kit comes 4 hoses and one peice of clear pipe. This clear pipe has to be cut into 4 peices and fitted into the black pipe to cause a damper on the system. the isntruction tell you to cut 10cm off the black pipes to give you a peice between the damper and the carb adapters. The instructions also state that you need the black pipes as long as possible.

So I bought an extra pack of pipes and cut one pipe into quater sections and left the original pipes full length. That gave me a little extra pipe to play with when attaching the pipework to the carbs

Suzuki mad.

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
      Do they really have genuine Suzuki carb snychronizers? That would be cool.

The gauge is available from Alpha Sports for a mere $223.15.

It's on their page of special Suzuki tools.
      Far right column, 23rd row from the top.

Last edited by Steve; 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM.
      sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sultan, Thank you very much for the picture that is an excellent help. Since there is three adjustment screws and four carbs is one of the carbs the "main one" that does not get adjusted?

Originally posted by sultan View Post
        Looking at BikeBandit, your carbs are very similar to my '83 650.

Here's a picture I took while breaking down my carbs for cleaning:

There are 3 screws that mechanical adjust a stop that determine the position of the butterfly valve. In this picture, you're looking from the front of the bike towards the back, so you're seeing where the carbs go into the engine. If the carbs aren't on the bike yet, I'd recommend doing a "bench synch", where you adjust all the screws so that the same sliver of light is viewable at the bottom of each butterfly valve when there's no tension on the throttle linkage.

The screws are pretty sensitive, and even 1/4 turn can make a big difference on a manometer.

<CLIP>

Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, carb #3 is the one that the cable pulls on, so all the others are adjusted to it. The factory-recommended sequence is 2, 1, 4.
          That is, match #2 to #3, then match #1 to 2&3 (actually about 1/2 cm higher), then match #4 to #1.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

Just to add to my earlier post in this thread, I went to Netley on Friday and found a set of old gauges branded Kawasaki. (Broken so of no practical use). I'd have bought them for curiosity value but the guy was on another planet for the price.

So, for all you collectors of trivia, that means all the Jap manufacturers had their own brand carb gauges.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Morgan carbtune

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                Anything other than a Morgan Carbtune is a waste of money. You didn't ask, but that's my $0.02.

For just a little more than what you'd spend on an inferior, delicate mercury or dial gauge set that will drive you batty, you can get a far superior precision tool that works beautifully and will last a lifetime. There's no comparison.
                This is certainly TRUE! I have tried lust about all other dial and mercury / non mercury guages and I am really glad that I found Morgan carbtune.... I bought mine from his website in UK$ and were CHEAPER with shipping than they were to buy from here in Aus.

The quality is certainly outstanding and they not only look, but work professionally as well!

Originally posted by Suzuki mad View Post
                Unless you have the $ to buy a genuine Suzuki one the next best is the Morgan carbtune.

Suzuki mad
                I dont think the genuine ones are anything to write home about. My local dealer synced my carbs just over 18mths ago using the factory ones..... Nothing has changed since then and just before I rebuilt my motor I tried my morgan's out! I was surprised because instantly my bike ran alot nicer than it did even after the sync at the dealer (it was REALLY rough before that too.

Comment

You used the word dealer and that normally means that they charged you for syncing but didn't do it.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Naah he was ok, I know he synced em because it was running sh*tloads bettter after I got it back.

Comment

Working...
                    X