Race cam fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race cam fitment

Anybody know if these will fit my 81/82 gs650g?

Could give her a bit more ahem...balls?

i was told they work well at the circuit (at redline revs) but are useless on the road
    anyhow, dunno if i'd want to downgrade an in-line 4 to parallel twin
    GS850GT

Comment

These cams would not physically bolt in to your head. Your 650 is designed on the 550 which is a narrower engine than the GS1000. Lobes and buckets would not line up.

Comment

those are BADASS!!!! I want them for my collection!!!!

talk about a vibration maker!!!

I have done this type of firing alteration on XS 650s' instead of 1-2 1-2 1-2 vert twin smooth it is BANG BANG BANG twingle power strokes!!

these will change the sound of the running engine better low end torque and scream at hi revs!! trade off is vibration from 2 power strokes at once. very cool!!
        Last edited by trippivot; 09-07-2008, 09:26 AM.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I must admit I'm tempted but haven't got anything spare at the moment to put them in and waaay too many projects going on (according to the missus).

Someone on here has got to buy them and stick up a video of the bike running - I've seen a lot of messed around GSs but never a big banger.

And blo*dy 'ell Tripivot - what possessed you to go that way on an XS650? You must climb off that bike completely white!
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Well im in nz so i do not mind getting em shipped to my place them forwarding if anybody wants em...

320NZD i think thats about 100 pounds UK and about 200-250 american?

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
              i was told they work well at the circuit (at redline revs) but are useless on the road

Hang on you don't ride on the road at the redline revs...

Sacrilidge i say

Comment

Sooo then how am i going to get some more horsies out of my wee bike? is there a carb upgrade from another model bike or something i can slap on em, give her a bit more ahem puff?

Then again i have never given the current motor a compression test and it burns 1 litre of oil per 200-300 km's, so i think that might lower my ponies

Comment

And hang on your on kiwibiker, you have a gs? small world it is, "wanna race auuuuw?"

Comment

Originally posted by skidMarkNZ View Post
                    Sooo then how am i going to get some more horsies out of my wee bike?
                    i'm planning on eventually putting a new motor in for Bruno - so, you can buy my 850 and put it in your bike
                    GS850GT

Comment

i'm planning on eventually putting a new motor in for Bruno - so, you can buy my 850 and put it in your bike

wont fit will it, and mines shaft drive, and i cant be arsed converting it to chain lol

Comment

Originally posted by skidMarkNZ View Post
                        wont fit will it, and mines shaft drive, and i cant be arsed converting it to chain lol
                        The 850s a shafty as well bro. Go on put the 850 in. you know you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
                          The 850s a shafty as well bro. Go on put the 850 in. you know you want to.

His motors all shiny and purdy though, i couldnt afford it lol

wouldnt his motor be way wider, different mounts etc?

Comment

Are you aware that the 2 valve 750 pistons can go in your engine. They are a 3 mm overbore. Same pin height and diameter. Hint Hint.
                            A bit of port work and a big bore conversion will reduce your boredom of the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
                              Are you aware that the 2 valve 750 pistons can go in your engine. They are a 3 mm overbore. Same pin height and diameter. Hint Hint.
                              A bit of port work and a big bore conversion will reduce your boredom of the bike.

So hang on i can get bored out to 3mm oversize and run 750 pistons? hmmm wouldnt 3mm be a bit too much os to do with the cylinder sleeves?

Comment

Working...
                              X