Brake Rotors Interchageability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Rotors Interchageability

My front rotors are getting thin on my '81 GS650G. I have a line on a set of front rotors off a GS1150. Its a remote seller and I'll have to buy them sight unseen. Would they work on my bike?

What type of 1150 is it. What year.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
      What type of 1150 is it. What year.
      I asked the seller that question, but I haven't heard back yet. I checked Bike Bandit and the part numbers of the rotors between the two models are different.

(Checked '83-86 GS1150 models, all had the same numbers.)
      Last edited by Guest; 09-09-2008, 09:35 PM.

Comment

best ask the seller to measure for you:
        1. diameter
        2. offset

the bolt pattern would be the same
        GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
          best ask the seller to measure for you:
          1. diameter
          2. offset

the bolt pattern would be the same
          That and If the seller can, use a caliper to measure rotor thickness. You don't want to spend good money for rotors that are at the end of their useful life!

my .02

steve a

Comment

Originally posted by glenlloyd View Post
            That and If the seller can, use a caliper to measure rotor thickness. You don't want to spend good money for rotors that are at the end of their useful life!

my .02

steve a
            Pretty half-hearted cooperation from the seller- I didn't follow up any further. Thanks, folks, for the thoughts.

Comment

Parts catalog shows same part number for GS1000GL for 1981. I have a good pair from a 1981 GS1000GL but they aren't slotted. Are the rotors on your bike slotted?

I'll have to bring a caliper with me tomorrow to measure rotor thickness if you're interested.

PM me for more details etc.

Thanks
              steve a

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                I asked the seller that question, but I haven't heard back yet. I checked Bike Bandit and the part numbers of the rotors between the two models are different.

(Checked '83-86 GS1150 models, all had the same numbers.)

Just an FYI, Bike Bandit uses there own part numbering system so it is not the best place to find part compatibility. I always use www.cheapcycleparts.com. You can look up your part and then go back to the search page and enter the number and it will show all models that use that part.

Comment

Originally posted by egent View Post
                  Just an FYI, Bike Bandit uses there own part numbering system so it is not the best place to find part compatibility. I always use www.cheapcycleparts.com. You can look up your part and then go back to the search page and enter the number and it will show all models that use that part.
                  That's what I use, cheapcycleparts.com, because they use what appears to be the OE catalog.

steve a

Comment

I have a set of slotted of an 80 GS1000G & a set of solid off a 78 GS1000E that I could sell if you're interested...

My research says they are the same size... when you say yours are thin, what do they measure?

Dan
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X