Needle valve!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle valve!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can obtain a needle for a needle valve on a 1977 gs550? i was successfully cleaning carbs for the first time in my lfe and after a good cleaning to the needle valve I replaced it into the body and then tipped it upside down. Dang thing didn't slide when it was all varnished in with old gas.

So anyways, it's lost in the abyss. Can I pick one up somewhere or will I need to purchase a whole set of carbs and dig one out?

Anyone here have one to sell?

Thanks
    Tim

I have some extra used ones from 79GS850. Has the same slide type carbs so it should work. Send me your add an I will mail you one

Comment

Some guy on E-bay has many different carb rebuild kits available. Of course you have to buy 4 of them, but at $65 it's a lot cheaper than $100 from most the other places. I picked 'em up!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thank you SqDancerLynn.

I owe you.

Comment

this website has needles http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/mis...#NEEDLES%20W/O

Comment

Take your old ones to the dealer.

Take your old ones to the dealer. They have new ones with rubber tips. They are made for newer bikes, but work great on older bikes as well. If you have your old ones with you they can find the exact size you need. They are much cheaper than the original ones becouse they have assorted kits of them.

Comment

Working...
            X