Instrument refurbishment in AUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument refurbishment in AUS

Does anyone know of anyone or any company who does instrument refurbishments in AUS??

I would like to get my speedo and tacho overhauled as they are really flicking around, and the speedo needle gets stuck at speed, and is approximately 20-30Kmh above or under my actual speed (depends on its mood).

I have seen loads of info about companies or individuals who overhaul instruments in england and america but I cant seem to locate anyone here in Oz.

I know of one in Cairns.They're called Cairns Instruments and are owned by a BMW freak.VERY good. Phone (07)40511849.He overhauled the tacho/speedo on my K100 and I can't speak highly enough about them.Cheers,Simon.
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Hi, do you know if they do suzuki stuff??

Comment

I don't know for sure but old mate is a bike rider.They tackle just about anything "instrumental" and there's some pretty clever blokes working there.Give them a call and if they don't , I'm sure they will be able to put you on to someone who does.There used to be a thread on here(I think it was in tips and tricks) about how to cut your gauges open but I can't find it.Clever bugger cut his open with a dremel,sorted them and glued them back together.Cheers,Simon.
        http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

take a look at the "gauge faces" thread currently running in the appearance mods section. that tells you how to cut open your gauges. plus you could get a set of super white dials to fit while you are at it!
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            take a look at the "gauge faces" thread currently running in the appearance mods section. that tells you how to cut open your gauges. plus you could get a set of super white dials to fit while you are at it!

Thanks for the free advertisment Agemax! It is pretty easy to hack them open. I hear that you need to oil them in all the right places with all the right oil, then they should be as smooth as anything.

Comment

Working...
            X