starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problem

any advice, i have just tryed to start the bike the first time this season, and shes giving me a EXTREAMLY hard time, i choke it, put on the ol battery charger, and she just cranks and cranks, it almost started once then stopped, and then she let out a hell of a backfire, scared the people walking there dog

its a 83 Suzuki GS550E, 2 carbs, i put clean gas in it, and i think i have the pepcock right, <turned all the way right, PRIM>

any ideas would be appreteated <SP>

Khyron

how fast is it turning over?
    how long has it sat for?
    did you use a fuel preservative? (stay-bill)(sp?)
    have you pulled and inspected your spark plugs?
    if it has at for more than a week, have you inspected the air cleaner for rodent nest?

PS: appreciated ( I love this spell checker!)

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
      how fast is it turning over?
      how long has it sat for?
      did you use a fuel preservative? (stay-bill)(sp?)
      have you pulled and inspected your spark plugs?
      if it has at for more than a week, have you inspected the air cleaner for rodent nest?

PS: appreciated ( I love this spell checker!)
      1. turning over very fast....got it onm a battery charger.

2. no i didn't, but i drained the tank and put good stuff in it to be sure

3. that i ahven't done, i am getting spark at the wire, and the plugs are wet, but i forgot to check to see if the plugs themselfs are doing there job, UH: good idea.

4. air filter check!, no rodents

Comment

I've been having the same problem...

I did NOT winterize last year (i know, i know) and so the fuel and the oil sat in it for about 5 months.

Haven't pulled my plugs yet, but will today. I'm more worried about carmelization in the carbs though...is this a possibility?

Are there any good posts about the fuel system around? I drained all the fuel and put in new and I don't think i'm getting fuel to the carbs...

Anyway, any advice along the lines of the original post would be appreciated.

Thanks
        ck

Forgot to mention it's an '81 GS 1100

Comment

new spark plugs and she fired right up without flaw, thanks

Khyron

Comment

Working...
          X