Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for help? Have tools, will travel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for help? Have tools, will travel.

Are you in Mississippi, southeast Arkansas or northern Louisisana?

I am leaving on Tuesday for another four-week assignment, this time in Greenville, Mississippi. Looking for something to do on the weekends while I am there. It was a little tight packing on the last trip, so this time I am taking my trailer. That means I can bring tools if anyone needs help. Just tell me what you need done I will bring what I can.

Looking at my map, a 150-mile radius of Greenville puts Memphis, Tennessee, Little Rock, Arkansas, Shreveport, Louisiana and most of Mississippi well within striking range. If you don't mind me staying overnight, I can go even farther.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be a wrenching session. I'm up for riding sessions, too.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I am leaving on Tuesday for another four-week assignment, this time in Greenville, Mississippi. Looking for something to do on the weekends while I am there. It was a little tight packing on the last trip, so this time I am taking my trailer. That means I can bring tools if anyone needs help. Just tell me what you need done I will bring what I can.

Looking at my map, a 150-mile radius of Greenville puts Memphis, Tennessee, Little Rock, Arkansas, Shreveport, Louisiana and most of Mississippi well within striking range. If you don't mind me staying overnight, I can go even farther.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be a wrenching session. I'm up for riding sessions, too.

Sounds like "Brother Love's travelling salvation show"!
    Good on you Steve. It could be a very worthwhile trip for all concerned. I'm sure you'll get some takers on the offer.
    :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
    GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
    GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
    GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

When is the Florida assignment? Wish you were closer. Bless you for helping others!!!!

David
      David
      1998 Suzuki Bandit
      1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
      1978 GS1000 - gone
      1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Dude, thats really nice of you! Hope you have blue skies and smooth roads....

Comment

Are you getting road weary yet?
          ...don't forget to pack you're carb synch tools tonight? Do you have the carb adjustment tool?

Comment

Now there's an offer, if you live in the vicinity, you should not pass up. Talk about house calls.......

Comment

Originally posted by portdave View Post
              When is the Florida assignment? Wish you were closer.
              Well, Dave, I tried to get to you a couple of weeks ago, but it seems that you were busy with your MSF training days. Also tried to get down to see Harry Porosky in Clearwater, but between his schedule and dodging Fay and Gustav, it just didn't happen. Maybe I'll actually be able to help somebody this time.

Lurch, what 'carb sync tool'? I just use an 8mm open end wrench and a long screwdriver. I have thought about getting 'the tool', but I have used one and found that there are plenty of times it does not work, and you have to use the open end wrench anyway.

Toolbox will be loaded as soon as my wife gets home with the van.

See you tomorrow afternoon, Lurch.
              sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Well, Dave, I tried to get to you a couple of weeks ago, but it seems that you were busy with your MSF training days. Also tried to get down to see Harry Porosky in Clearwater, but between his schedule and dodging Fay and Gustav, it just didn't happen. Maybe I'll actually be able to help somebody this time.
                Yeah but I am glad to have my new license with endorsement. Even the picture came out good. Maybe sometime in the future. It was awesome for you to even think of it. Happy trails....
                David
                1998 Suzuki Bandit
                1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                1978 GS1000 - gone
                1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Steve, why don't you come over to Dallas and finish putting my basket case together?
                  If you get it finished you can do a riding session too!
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey Steve...
                    I'm in Starkville, MS...don't need any real wrenching done...but there's always a project at the shop...working on a Triump TR4A right now.
                    Thinking about a total teardown on the GS1150 for the Barber Vintage meet in Oct. Maybe start that???
                    Always up for a ride too.

I'm heading to the coast this weekend to repair some damage to my Sailboat...Clobbered something in 20' of water and destroyed the prop and shaft. Have to pull the engine to get the shaft out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hcritz View Post
                      Sailboat ... prop and shaft ... engine ...
                      Anybody else see something wrong with this?

I might just have to check this guy out.

125 miles is not a problem. I might be working the first weekend to make up for a late arrival, but be sure to keep in touch.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

back in oh

maybe when you get back you can show me how to use the carb sync tool. I live in beavercreek and have been working off and on a 83 850l which sat for many years. If I get my act together I may have it ready to be synced in a few weeks. I am a slow worker

Comment

This guy is by far the coolest dude on the internet...God bless ya Steve.

Because of Steve's help, I feel its a duty to help others on this site when I have the time and experience.

Even his "smiles" are

Comment

Anybody else see something wrong with this?

I might just have to check this guy out.

125 miles is not a problem. I might be working the first weekend to make up for a late arrival, but be sure to keep in touch.

A Blowboat with a prop is like a GS with a Honda motor.
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey Tkent...
                              Gotta get in and out of the harbor somehow!
                              Damaged the prop motorsailing to get out of Gustav's path...Gets me an additional 2 knots...(sailboat...the most expensive way to go REALLY slow!)
                              Funny...I have a 10 gal diesel tank and I almost never use a whole tank a year.
                              Hey Steve...
                              I do all sorts of restoration work...just finished an 83 Lotus turbo Esprit.
                              Doing some drivability upgrades on the TR4...
                              Been thinking about tearing down the 1150...I'd like to make sure the clutch basket and the starter clutch are OK too...it's got 40,000+ on it.
                              You are welcome to come hang out...lots of toys in the shop..
                              Kayaks...Mt bikes...and motorcycles...
                              Starkville is a nice little college town...the MS delta isn't the greatest place to spend weekends!

Comment

Working...
                              X