Gs1100 seat rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100 seat rail

I have just purchased a 83 GS1100G with either a 82 or 83 seat that has a rusted, round tubing, rail.
    Should the rail be rectangular or round and does anyone know the difference between an 82 an 83 seat?
    Thankyou

On my 82 1100G it was round. But I got it from JoJo and he said it was from an 850 model. No help I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Piston720 View Post
      I have just purchased a 83 GS1100G with either a 82 or 83 seat that has a rusted, round tubing, rail.
      Should the rail be rectangular or round and does anyone know the difference between an 82 an 83 seat?
      Thankyou
      I have an '82 1100G - the seat rail is round, and I think the '83's are the same.

I believe the "L" models have the rectagular (more beefy) seat rail you're refering to...
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

seat rail

That trim on the '83 GS1100G is a thin chromed tube that has 4 attach points on the seat. More of a grab bar, or as we used to call it back in Alabama: a "God-a-Mighty" bar. If you have to think about it, you've probably never ridden with a drunken red-neck.

I have an '83 GS1100G with that thin bar and an '81 GS850G with the exact same bar. I think all the GL models had a bigger, square bar that attached to the frame.

My apologies to anyone offended by the use of the Lord's name in vain. Often the drunken red-neck was no longer in control and we were just calling on the only one who could save us at that point.

Comment

Thankyou for the input.
          I have to assume that it is the correct rail and my next step will be to have it re-chromed.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X