83gs1100gl i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83gs1100gl i need help

my battery always goes dead im assuming the stator ive always had bikes but they were always new and warrantied and im a mechanic so i can figure removal and replacement out but how would i go about finding a new one or checking to make sure this is the problem i also need a clutch cable any help would be much appreciated

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Another 1100GL comes out of the woodwork... ahh my weekend is made.

Bob, is ol Duane still pumping out Honda r/r's?

Comment

Start with the basics first. Check your connections to see they are clean and tight. The stator is on the left side as you sit on the bike. Its under the cover below the #1cylinder. The cylinders go 1-4 left to right as you sit on the bike. It has 3 wires coming from it that go threw the starter cavity to the Regulator/Rectifier. One of the wires goes to head light and back to the R/R. Most of use bypass this wire and run it direct to the R/R. Most folks connect the ground wire from the R/R direct to the neg side of the battery, the same with the red wire direct the the plus side of the battery.
        In either case make sure the ground wire has a good connection to ground. The stator papers will walk you threw the test procedure. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X