Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peppermint needs to get back on the road..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peppermint needs to get back on the road..

Ain't been riding for a while.....3 stints in a row put in my heart in June....GRAMMA NEEDS TO RIDE AGAIN...
    Anybody have an extra valve cover for a GS1110E....82-83 motor? I would prefer one that is NOT welded, as I already have that, and it's leaking in the same spot. They tell me it's a 'two bolt' pattern at the camtower....Make sense?

I'd also like a couple of gaskets for the same.

(Went for a ride yesterday-made it to the corner and came back)
    WANTED: Rear master cylinder rebuild kit 1981 GS1100E frame/body style. Possibly the whole cylinder....Don't give me another heart attack with the price...This IS Gramma...
    Yep, I'm back on the site....Now I REALLY need to get back on the road !

Thanks...pmint
    Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2008, 06:22 PM.

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
    Ain't been riding for a while.....3 stints in a row put in my heart in June....GRAMMA NEEDS TO RIDE AGAIN...
    Anybody have an extra valve cover for a GS1110E....82-83 motor? I would prefer one that is NOT welded, as I already have that, and it's leaking in the same spot. They tell me it's a 'two bolt' pattern at the camtower....Make sense?

I'd also like a couple of gaskets for the same.

(Went for a ride yesterday-made it to the corner and came back)
    WANTED: Rear master cylinder rebuild kit 1981 frame/body style. Possibly the whole cylinder....Don't give me another heart attack with the price...This IS Gramma...
    Yep, I'm back on the site....Now I REALLY need to get back on the road !

Thanks...pmint
    Really glad to hear from you P. Patty.
    The Resources hasn't been the same without you here.
    We were talking about you at Moosehead.All good.
    Stints can't hold you back from riding. Let us know how we can help.
    Wish I had a spare cover.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Thank you Doug,
      I guess you could help by asking around for one...thanks.......I ALSO NEED THAT REBUILD KIT.

I hope to stay around here for a long, long time...I've been thinking about all of you, too!!! Even still talk about you to people...

I'VE SEEN SOME NEWBEE'S IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD RIDING OLDER 'ZUKES !!!!...
      My main goal in life at this point is to get up on the 'old girl' and take her out for a cruise...it's been nearly a year !!!

I KNOW IF ANYONE CAN HELP, MY FAMILY, THIS FORUM, WILL.
      luv, pmint

Comment

I'd recommend ordering the OEM rebuild kit from wherever you prefer to get your Suzuki parts. It includes the pistons as well as the CORRECT seals, unlike those crappy K&L kits. Guess how I know this...

PISTON SET
        69100-08821
        $33.45
        (price at Flat Out, slightly more elsewhere)

Welcome back!
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

YOU, SOOOO ROCK. MY BLOD PRESSURE IS RISING....
          Thank you!

Comment

YOU, SOOOO ROCK. MY BLOD PRESSURE IS RISING....
            Thank you!
            If you are like me (2 stents) the drugs you are on won't let your blood pressure rise.Four years in and never felt better.I've had a couple of "events" on the bike and never really got my heart pumping all that much.A few years earlier and I would have had to pull over till the heart rate settled.One plus I suppose.Offer up a couple of drinks and you'll have 'em lined up to give you a hand,at least that's how it works down here.Great to hear you're back with us by the way.Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Let me know if you need any wrench help, if you still have that truck of yours and you are in Tucson sometime look me up and I'll help you do some wrenching. Might have some good luck finding a valve cover from one of the drag guys here, like Rapidray, Lecroy or Racingjake they should have a few covers laying around.

like Brian said Flatout is good and you can't go wrong with bikebandit.com
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Got nothin' to help you out, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Missed you!

Comment

Too late for individual answers tonight. But,by God (or whoever/whatever your choice is) am I glad to be able to reconnect. I can't believe how much I missed you.
                  I'm here, I'm alive and I'm more tha 50% healthy...Getting back out ridin' the old girl is just the medicine I need.
                  THE GUYS IN TECH ARE ANGLES...THEY ARE PERFORMING MIRACLES AS YOU READ THIS...I'm calling one on the phone tomorrow....

Hey Mike, You get married yet?

Comment

Hey Mike, You get married yet?
                    Hahaha...not exactly.

Comment

I PMd you yesterday! Ray.

Comment

Yep, I'll tell you I'm one sorry excuse for a human being, these days,...I didn't get to the computer until later last night, and when looked at the time I thought it might be too late to bother you, Ray.

But, just to let others know, I JUST SPOKE WITH YOU AND WILL HAVE A MONEY ORDER IN THE MAIL....HOPEFULLY TODAY !

I've got some stuff to do in the next town over, (Camp Verde), and can get a money order there...Dave and I are untangling our legal attatchments from one another.....complicated.....

Anyway my search for the elusive valve cover & gasket...IS OVER !!!!

Thanks a million, RapidRay.....Serious, my gift shop is next to the gas station, the first exit so. of Sedona, on I-17. Can't miss it. There's a small town named Mc Guireville.......the riding is great coming from Calif (on I-17)...
                        lots of mountianous curves...but, be careful...The state will be working on my exit ramp for the next 3 months !!! I owe you a lunch sir.

Still have to get the OEM brake kit, as suggested by chef....I'm working on it chef....Gramma isn't quite as painfree as she was when she was a youngin' !!!

Thanks again my tender , lovin' family.....And I think I convinced my friend Bob to sign up on the GSR! He lives near me now, and is the x-parts man I used to talk about from Chicago. He's a great guy...
                        He's owns some classic Kaws and a Classic GS of some sort. He can explain if he ever gets here.....
                        pmint

Comment

patti, i hope that wasn't your 1100 with a for sale sign on it in rimrock the other day? i cant imagine not being able to stop a leaking cam cover. has the brake master cylinder been rebuilt?
                          if you need some help, let me know, i'm not far away. ( and i've only had one stent since my bypass surgery fifteen years ago )

Comment

Ned, YOU'RE IN RIMROCK ????? UNBELIEVABLE !!!

HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED HERE AND WHERE ARE YA?...You've seen my little shop in Mc Guireville, next to the Mini Mart?...When the big grey Dodge diesel is there....I'm there...
                            Or stop in and leave your phone # w/Bart. (He's on vacation presently.)...Are you one of the neighborhood guys I scribbled down this site (GSR) for?

No, it wasn't my Zuke. Mine's 'PINK' with a black velvet seat, low, lean, stretched and mean. Once seen...not forgotten.

BTW: I also saw they Grey 1100 for sale near the old pizza joint !!! It looked in VERY good shape. Did you get the phone # ?
                            Big Dave would LOVE it !!! ...I shudda got the #....bet he sold it!!!
                            pmint

Comment

patti,
                              i live up on wikiup mesa, moved here from cottonwood a couple of years ago.
                              the bike was at the beavermart gas station and was the coral color e model. phone was 300-xxxx. people in the station prolly know who it belongs to.
                              is your shop gene mcguire's old house?

Comment

Working...
                              X