rear air shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear air shocks

Can anyone recommend a replacement for the rear shocks of an '83 GK? the original air shocks are pretty much shot, and I am wondering if I can find a replacement (does not have to be air-assist, but be able to carry a load) from another brand of bike or GS? I can't see paying almost $400 for a pair of aftermarket air shocks, but don't want to bottom out every small bump when me and the wife are riding (combined weight about 300lbs.) any suggestions?? :twisted:

Progressive suspensons makes a good afordable shock with their model 12 shocks, I have a set on my voyager and they hold it up fine and it weighs a lot more than a GK.

MAW carries them http://www.accwhse.com/progress.htm
    the heavy duty springs are PN# 16832 (progresive #03-1365 b/c)
    the shocks are PN# 16812 (progresive # 12-1201b)

MAW price for them both, $199.30US (some assembly required)
    progressive also makes a couple other shocks for your bike.

Comment

I saw some Harley air shocks go for about 50$ on ebay. They had some kind of fitting on them that made me think they needed a source of air on the bike.

Steve

Comment

If your shocks arent totally shot, you may be able to save them. The OEM airshocks on my G started leaking a few years ago. I poured the old oil out and put some tranny stop leak in with the proper amount of replacement fork oil. Worked like a charm. Worth a try. Good luck!

Comment

How in the world did you do that? :twisted:

Comment

Working...
          X