Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS750E carb/vacume help PLEASE

Here is what im confused about...
    on the fuel petcock there is a smaller line that is disconnected on my... where dos that go?
    also, on the carbs, there is 3 nipples and one of them is puling some major vacuum (they are all in line pointing at the seat/gas tank area, they are at a 45 digry engle) what are those and where do they hook up to?
    these are MIC carsb. im trying to adjust the carbs and its not making any sense to me, my manual dosnt have a diagram and the guy that had this bike before me is clueless...
    PLEASE HELP!
    thank you

The vacuum line on the petcock goes to a nipple on the number 2 (I think) carb to supply vacuum to the petcock. When vacuum is present, the petcock should flow fuel.
    The 45 degree nipples are closer to the head, on the intake boots. They are for hooking up a manometer to sync the carbs and they should be plugged when not being used for syncing.
    What kind of bike is it?

Comment

sorry, i know the ones for the manomiter, thats not the ones im trying to discribe... (those are pluged)
      there are niples of the carbs that are siting at an angle (3 of them) one of them is puling vacume, the ather two dont aper to do anything...
      i conected the one to the fuel petcock, it smoothed out alot, but i dont know what to do with the other two... are they just breathers of some sort?
      also is a jet on the botom of the carbs where the bowl sits... what are those fore? (somone messed with my carbs and now i cant get it adjusted corectly)
      when i iply the throtle rapidly it seams to get too much fuel and just dies...

Comment

Going out on a ledge blindly, but are they the vents from the drain bowls? Look at the carb rebuild series on bikecliff's site. Match your carbs to either the VM or CV type.

Comment

no, those are on the bottom... i got those

Comment

At least give correct info !! He has slide carbs the petcock vacuum line hooks to the #3 carb !!!!! 4 hoses on float bowls drain to rear- no connection. fitting without vacuum on carb #2 & 4 are just vents no hookup either, route up and over the airbox
            Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

sorry if i didn't give correct info, im not to knowledgeable about these bikes...
              all i know is that they are mikunis and they are not the vacuum type carbs.
              i still need to know what the bottom adjustment screw/jet is responsible for. its right next to the bowl on the bottom of the carb...

p.s. im downloading the manual for mikuni carbs as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                At least give correct info !! He has slide carbs the petcock vacuum line hooks to the #3 carb !!!!! 4 hoses on float bowls drain to rear- no connection. fitting without vacuum on carb #2 & 4 are just vents no hookup either, route up and over the airbox
                Well, I tried, on mine it hooks to #2. I dont know about VM carbs.

Comment

the line between 1-2 and 3-4 is just a breather lines, the one on the left hands side of #3 carb is vacuum for petcock, thank you
                  now the question is... what the heck is that screw that in every manual i look in, says do not touch.... its located on the bottom of the carb tords the motor next to the bowl...

Comment

I should take a picture, but is it the cam chain tensioner. At the same site referenced in my post is a cam chain tensioner rebuild paper, With PICTURES!

See if that is what you're describing.

Comment

nope, this is on the bottom of the carb, not on the back side of the head

Comment

On the bottom of the carb/float bowl is the fuel screw that is recessed up into the float bowl. There is one for each carb, flat blade screw.
                        1979 GS850G
                        2004 SV650N track bike
                        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

this one is adjustable from the outside...
                          i played with them... got them to where its running nice... those screws are HI rpm fuel mixture... that was a pain in the (_!_) but i think i got it good inouf for now, till i get the sincro tool and coned filters.... and ill have to readjust them again...

Comment

The fuel screw on the bottom of the carb 5/8- 3/4 turned out from lightly seated. The side air screw about two turns out

coned filters ?? If you mean pods ? You will need to rejet the carb

Comment

I'm at 5500 feet in Albuquerque,NM so my settings are a bit different then most ppl
                              do you think ill have to go to a smaller jet size when i change to pods?

Comment

Working...
                              X