Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help to identify where this goes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to identify where this goes....

Hey guys, I have a problem... This part came out of the lower case during disassembly and I hoped it would become obvious where it goes during the rebuild....nope. I have looked thru my service book many times and nothin. I thought it might have something to do with the oil regulator but it does not match up with anything in the exploded view in my book.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!,
    Brian

The 1st thought that comes to mind is that it is the spring loaded pin that follows the groove in the shift drum.
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

DUDE!, Willie thanks a lot! I totally overlooked that it could be a tranny kinda part...DOH! I went and looked at the online fische and found it to be the contact pin for the gear position sensor(switch). It must have fallen out of place when I took the switch off. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Thanks again,
      Bri

Comment

YES! That goes behind the gear indicator plate on the left side of the engine where the countershaft sprocket is. There should be a spring in there also. The spring goes in the hole first & then the pin sticks out a little & contacts the plate. Ray.

Comment

looks like part number 37 there..

oops, looks like i'm late to the party..

Comment

Hey thanks guys, I knew there was a good reason I hooked up with ya guys. GSResources rocks! The sum total of all of us = gs god.

Thanks for your replies, that has been something bothering me in the back of my head for weeks.

Bri

Comment

Working...
            X