Clutch Cable replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Cable replacement

Sorry I haven't looked in my manual yet, I'm bored at school and wanted to post. Is replacing the clutch cable very hard? Any specific tips that you all can offer? Sucked today I was .5 miles from work, just left to go home and meet the girlfriend for some food when my cable snapped. Friend picked me up and I spent the next hour and half getting a truck and having to load it up in a tricky truck by myself while a friend directed traffic.

That's too bad! It probably would have been a lot easier to ride it home than to put it in the truck (depending on your traffic situation). It's an easy job and will take about 15 or 20 minutes.
    1980 GS1100E, the latest of many.

Comment

this just happened to me. i had never even taken the gas tank off in my life, so i was a bit nervous that i wouldn't be able to do it.

piece of cake, really. given that i am so new at this, it probably took an hour or so. the real problem was trying to fit the vacuum hose to the gas nozzle upon reassembly. that had me stumped for far too long.

Comment

Originally posted by rockford View Post
        That's too bad! It probably would have been a lot easier to ride it home than to put it in the truck (depending on your traffic situation). It's an easy job and will take about 15 or 20 minutes.
        Hah I was thinking that but it was being too finiky to do by hand.

Comment

Working...
        X