Starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff4130 View Post
    I should get a trickle charger for it I suppose.
    Don't just get a 'trickle' charger unless you want to keep a constant eye on it.

If you use a manual charger of only 1.5 or 2 amps, it can overcharge the battery if you leave it on for 24 hours.

If you use an automatic charger of the same size, it might take a week or so to overcharge the battery.

If you use a charger/maintainer, you can leave it plugged in somewhat indefinitely.

If you want a well-known name on a good maintainer, get a Battery Tender, either the Jr. or Plus models. If you don't mind paying 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the Battery Tenders (the Jr. is about $45, the Plus is about $60), get a Schumacher Battery Companion at Wal-Mart for less than $20. I have four of them on various machines around here with no problems.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Awesome! Thanks guys! I have the day off tomorrow and as long as it's above freezing I'll go take it apart.

Comment

I. Am. Awesome!

I took the starter out, took it apart, cleaned it up, put it back together, put it in. And. It started right up! Sa-weet!

I even took pics of the whole event, lol. You can see them on my Flickr set for my cycle. Woo hoo!

Comment

Working...
        X