1979 GS1000E Turn Signal Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS1000E Turn Signal Problem

1979 GS1000E with about 10,000 original miles in garage kept showroom condition. For some odd reason my left side blinkers have stopped working(right side works fine). This is the model with the self-cancelling feature and as I have read in past Q&A's this could be a problem. I have gone through numerous troubleshooting trys which include checking the bulbs, dismantling the handlebar turn signal switch and giving it a good cleaning, trying to check the wiring. One thing I know for sure is that I am not getting power through the wires that go to the bulbs. I switched the wiring from the right to the left and they work when I did that.
    1) Could it be the handle-bar switch even after cleaning and although it works on the right side?
    2) Could it be the turn-signal relay even if it works on the right side.
    3) Could it be the indicator control unit that has the self-canceller incorporated into it.
    4) What is the process by which one can bypass the self-cancelling feature?

If you have checked the bulbs, wiring, switch, the turn signal module is probably bad. Do you have a service manual?? There are trouble shooting tips. If the module is bad you have $$$$$ problems if you can find one. The other option is to go to manual turn signals eliminating the box

Comment

What is the procedure for eliminating the box and going to manuel turn signals?

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
        X