4 into 1 for the 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 into 1 for the 1150

Does anyone know if any other pipe other than the V&H fits the 1150? Maybe something from a GSXR? Is anyone other than V&H making a pipe that will fit?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Ask Jim (posplayr) He seems to be the pipe guru of late.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
      Does anyone know if any other pipe other than the V&H fits the 1150? Maybe something from a GSXR? Is anyone other than V&H making a pipe that will fit?
      I thought i just saw a Supertrapp on Ebay for the 1150....

Comment

I PMed Bruce

about the supertrap and such already .

Posplayr

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          I thought i just saw a Supertrapp on Ebay for the 1150....
          Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          about the supertrap and such already .

Posplayr
          Thanks, Jim for the heads-up on that pipe. But it has a dent in the bottom of it. If I get one, as anal as I am, it would need to be in excellent or new condition. I would probably have it ceramic coated to closely match the color of the stock pipes. I'm considering doing pods, pipe and jet kit on my all stock 1150 and was trying to find out if there is anything available out there. And I'm not sure, but I think the 1150 port spacing is different from the 1100...but I could be wrong.
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I have a buddy that says he can make me a pipe out of stainless. I might go that route, but it will be expensive even at a reduced price. He does amazing stainless work.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

GS1150 Pipe on GS1100ED

Bruce,
              Here is a period GS1150 Yoshi pipe mounted to my 83 GS1100ED; no modifications. A little tight underneith (pushes against the oil pan) and I will have to:
              remove the can
              cut about 4 inches from the end
              cut of and reweld the mounting tab
              replace the can(re rivit in place)

Other than those modifications it looks like a better fit than GS1100E race header.

Posplayr

Comment

Hey Bruce, the port spacing is the same on the 1100 as the 1150 AND all the AIR cooled GSXRs. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                  Hey Bruce, the port spacing is the same on the 1100 as the 1150 AND all the AIR cooled GSXRs. Ray.
                  THERE'S the answer to all my questions. Thanks, Ray! I probably should have just called you, but perhaps this is useful to someone else, too.

Any recommendations? I'd like to maybe get a little more out of her, but want it to be reversable....just pods, pipe, jet kit, and maybe some mild cams and a Dyna 2000.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
                  X