gs1100 swing arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100 swing arm

Ok I have a GS1100E swing arm on my 78 gs1000. What 5.5x17 rim will fit this swing arm. I'm going to do the 530 chain and sprocket. what else do i need to make it work. Also what do i do as far as the brakes. I read that the stock gs brakes wont work.

anyone

Comment

No GSXR wheels expert

So I dont know for sure, but you need to get the calipers that match rotors in size. I think either first gen or second gen will fit the wheel.

I have a 86 GSXR 1100 with 2nd gen wheels (180-zr55-17 on back) but retains the stock 86 drop mount caliper and rotor. So the 86 1100 rotor bolted to the 2nd gen wheel.

Note because the brake caliper hangs down you need to reweld taps for the torque arm to the bottom of the GS1100E aluminum swing arm.

Posplayr

Comment

I have an 1100 swingarm on my 1000, and as far as I can see, the 1100 swingarm isn't any wider than the stock one on the 1000. Are you trying to put a wider rear wheel on?
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I have a 2nd gen GSXR 5.5" rim on mine. You can use the stock (1100) wheel spacers too. You will need a GSXR caliper hanger and the rod mount needs to be relocated underneath the swingarm instead of on top. You will aslo need a GSXR, RF900, or 1st gen Hayabusa rotor as well.

Comment

Before you go any further

You better figure out what you are going to do about the front end......
            The Gixxer swap stuff is like pullimngon a string. One thing leads to another and another.

Posplayr

Comment

so 2 gen gsxr wheel are we talking about 91 to 95 wheels? So as far is brake setup i need the what years ? Cant I use one were I dont need torque arm

Comment

what rim will work on the stock brake setup

Comment

Working...
                X