Does 11 go into 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does 11 go into 7?

I think I read most of the threads on the 7/11 swap. I have a nice titled almost complete 1980 GS(X)750L (only missing side covers and exhaust). Motor turns free/trans is a little hard to shift though.

What can I do to maybe free things up a little without teardown?

Contemplating swapping in my motor from the 1980 GS(X)1100L since I don't have a title to the frame it's in.

OR should I try to get the 750 runnin' and look for the missing pieces?

Yes, 11 goes into 7, 0.6363636363... times.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
      Yes, 11 goes into 7, 0.6363636363... times.
      This is what you get mating a retired math teacher and a wise-a$$.....
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson View Post
        This is what you get mating a retired math teacher and a wise-a$$.....
        I knew you would like this smart-a$$ remark, Bert.

My apologies, Newbee, for changing the subject here. Someone please answer his question(s), because I can't.

Comment

You can make it fit, heck of an improvement.
          Look here:

Genetic engineering of an extinct species

Click on seven eleven on the left side.
          Post pics for us along the way.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My experience with my 1981 GS 750, with a '79 GS1000 and a "85 GS1150 motor, is . . .

1. The bottom brackets in the front, by the oil pan won't match up for either motor.
            2. The rear bolts top and bottom match up exactly with Spacers for the same year motor.
            3. The front motor brackets, you have to use the brackets that come with that motor, meaning the GS 750 motor brackets, won't work on the 1000 or the 1150 motor, because all 3 motors are a little different.
            4. The 1981 GS's model model year, came with a GS1100 motor, as the big motor. I don't know how/if it fits.

I know I really didn't answer your question, but I'm thinking you may have the same bracket issue up front, and the bottom front, wont matchup.

Bottom line, use the front brackets and spacers that come with the same years motor, and be prepared to make brackets for the bottom front. . . . . .

Hope this helps . . . .

Comment

Working...
            X