last master cylinder problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last master cylinder problem?

78 gs750 frt m/c. finally got the circlip out and removed the guts. pretty cruddy. cleaned the bore. got the reservior off by using a wood chisel to start the separation. easy after that. the space under the plastic reservoir was also totally blocked w/ the crud. cleaned as best as possible. the supply hole is open into the bore but i can't get the return port open. is the port offset or straight into the bore? looks like a VERY small hole is there. brake clean, toothpick, small awl & a single strand of 22 gauge twisted wire won't go thru. doesn't pass air blown into it w/ my mouth. don't want to screw up the base. tactical NUKE or just napalm? at a loss for ideas. tanx for whatever help you have.

Heard some folks use a waterpic (you know, for your teeth) to clean carbs.
    Maybe that would work.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by gs750rick View Post
      78 gs750 frt m/c. finally got the circlip out and removed the guts. pretty cruddy. cleaned the bore. got the reservior off by using a wood chisel to start the separation. easy after that. the space under the plastic reservoir was also totally blocked w/ the crud. cleaned as best as possible. the supply hole is open into the bore but i can't get the return port open. is the port offset or straight into the bore? looks like a VERY small hole is there. brake clean, toothpick, small awl & aans single strand of 22 gauge twisted wire won't go thru. doesn't pass air blown into it w/ my mouth. don't want to screw up the base. tactical NUKE or just napalm? at a loss for ideas. tanx for whatever help you have.
      The return passageway makes a 90 deg turn. I doubt you would be able to get a wire through it. Probably the best bet for success is to soak the reservoir in Berrymans or B12 Chemtool for a day and then try to blow it clear with compressed air.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

thanks guys

i wound up having a friend hot soak it for a couple hours and could finally make out the miniscule hole. it seems to go straight thru as you can see it if you sight down the bore with a bright lite. the water pik was a good suggestion but my wife wouldn't let me use hers. once i knew where it was a common toothpick was enough to clean/clear it..

thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X