Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to put a set of bar ends on...recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to put a set of bar ends on...recommendations?

I recently got a pair of 1150E bars. It appears the inside insert has been removed. I have the bar ends but no insert to tighten to. I have noticed several of the kind that use a rubber insert and tighten against. The best looking one I saw was from Lockhart Phillips and was stainless steel. I want it heavy. I`m going to fill the bars with lead or bb`s. The 1150`s need all the help they can get with vibration. Anyone else got any better suggestions before I order something?? Again thanks a bunch!!!!

Are you sure you want to add the extra weight of lead or BBs? How about a Bar Snake?

Comment

Billy Ricks Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure you want to add the extra weight of lead or BBs? How about a Bar Snake?
      My 1100 is the same way. A bar snake was worthless. Even after I filled the bars with melted solder I still can't see anything out my mirrors. My hands are numb!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

If the 1100/1150 uses the same type clip-on above the triple clamp as the '83 and up 700/750 then maybe a thin piece of rubber under the bar riser would help dampen the vibration.

Comment

now I know why my damn hands go numb! I'm gonna try Billy's idea,
          he's helped me out quite a bit, knows what he's doing. Brian

Comment

Working...
          X