80 GS750L...Crank Endplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 GS750L...Crank Endplay?

Starting to work on my 750. Everything seems to turn over by hand and/or starter fine no funny noises etc. But when inspecting the starter clutch I noticed when I grab the rotor it has end play seem like maybe a 1/4" ? IS this normal? My 1100 or 1000 doens't seem to do that?

Originally posted by Newbee View Post
    Starting to work on my 750. Everything seems to turn over by hand and/or starter fine no funny noises etc. But when inspecting the starter clutch I noticed when I grab the rotor it has end play seem like maybe a 1/4" ? IS this normal? My 1100 or 1000 doens't seem to do that?
    In and out or up and down? 1/4" anywhere worth of play in a motor seem's WAY too much. Anyone else with an opinion?

Comment

Crank Play

Side to side play. I have the SIG GEN cover off and the Stator/Rotor cover. The play isn't on the SIG Gen side? First I thought broken crank? But it turns over fine with no funny noises? Is it possible that something is missing in the starter clutch or?

Comment

Sounds like the rotor/starter clutch is loose. Does the motor turn over with the starter? Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X