No announcement yet.

78 Engine Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were it my crank, perhaps not on a 750, but on an 1100, those helical gears would be coming off in favour of straighcuts too... Course youd need a straight cut clutch gear also...

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
      omg! that must have hurt, unexpectedly...
      That crank was for my current project. Luckily it was discovered before I put the cases back together. Got another one and made sure it was perfect first.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Bruce, my good man, I am afraid that no amount of HOT SHOT Insect repellant will do anything in keeping the "bugs" out of your project

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Were it my crank, perhaps not on a 750, but on an 1100, those helical gears would be coming off in favour of straighcuts too... Course you'd need a straight cut clutch gear also...
          Expensive. And overkill unless you plan on dragging or just constantly beating the snot out of it. These old GS's are pretty tough.
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
            Expensive. And overkill unless you plan on dragging or just constantly beating the snot out of it. These old GS's are pretty tough.
            You had to tear that engine back apart?
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Bruce, my good man, I am afraid that no amount of HOT SHOT Insect repellant will do anything in keeping the "bugs" out of your project
              It's always something. But I'm plugging away. Just bought a new cam chain guide today. So I hope to have the motor FINALLY back together this weekend.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                It's always something. But I'm plugging away. Just bought a new cam chain guide today. So I hope to have the motor FINALLY back together this weekend.
                SAHWEEET I am looking forward to seein it come together....wait till you see whats in store for my 1100ES...maybe not all THIS winter, but at least a good part of it!

Comment

if you need a 78 1000 crank i have one i took out of a motor i parted out.let me know if you might be interested.talk to you soon.if anyone else is interested shoot me a message.talk to you later have a good one.

steve

Comment

Working...
                  X