No announcement yet.

Wes Cooley Replicas - How Many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never saw anything written, but always heard they must make 500 available to the public, in the U.S., before they could run them on the superbike circuit. Also I remember very well the "79" models were gone pretty quickly, but many of the dealers had "80" model "S"'s left over for a couple or three years. Always thought there must have been more "S"'s brought in for 1980.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Did you know that you can search "completed" auctions on ebay? This means that you can find out what someone actually paid for an item. I use it to determine my bottom line on items I am not sure about. It can give a rough idea of market price.

Here's an example:

Comment

Add for $15,000 was in Cycle Trader - not Craigslist.

But looking again he says he has a "collection of three bikes", so it' seems to be a price for all three. He has info in the add that "only 535 were made". Add this ad to your arsenal of market info.

Comment

When I bought my 1979 GS1000S each of the two dealers I spoke to only had one S model for the year. This was in Sacramento, CA.
          1980 GS1000S - Not running now, but just wait
          ....http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/wtsmith_95630/

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Odysseas View Post
            Add for $15,000 was in Cycle Trader - not Craigslist.

But looking again he says he has a "collection of three bikes", so it' seems to be a price for all three. He has info in the add that "only 535 were made". Add this ad to your arsenal of market info.
            I appreciate the info. It helps build my case.

Mike

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by wtsmith View Post
              When I bought my 1979 GS1000S each of the two dealers I spoke to only had one S model for the year. This was in Sacramento, CA.
              Every bit of info helps build my case. I appreciate your time and effort.

Mike

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by drhach View Post
                Did you know that you can search "completed" auctions on ebay? This means that you can find out what someone actually paid for an item. I use it to determine my bottom line on items I am not sure about. It can give a rough idea of market price.

Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...QQcmdZViewItem
                I have another Ebay ad saved to PDF that actually sold for $6800 (last July). It had 41,000 miles and needed paint.

I wasn't aware of this one and appreciate the time you took to post the link. Bidding went up to $5000 on this bike.

My bike had a $2500 pair on Dymags on it. Her insurance company says the whole bike is only worth $2500 (only 16k miles and it was MINT). They claim the wheels are only worth $125 even though I had the letter from Dymag verifying their cost.

Mike

Comment

I did that - to no avail

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                  Write a letter stating your case and how much you want for your bike !!!!
                  Send a certified copy to the insurance Co & the driver. Give them 30 days to pay you and make you whole again so to speak. OR you will sue the driver in small claims court for the difference that the insurance Co will not pay !!!!!!!!!
                  SOMEONE hit you !!! they do not tell you how much YOU TELL THEM be stuborn..... Tell them about the big medical lawsuit you are going to file....
                  I sent her insurance company a printout of a GS1000S that sold for $6800 on Ebay last July (less than two months before my accident). That one had 41,000 miles on it and needed paint work. My bike had an oil cooler with braided lines and a Lockhart rack that weren't even mentioned on their appraiser's report. It also had a $2500 pair of Dymags along with a letter from Dymag stating their cost. They claim those magnesium wheels are only worth $125 (which won't even cover the sales tax on them). I demanded $8000 for the bike.

When I suggested that I would file a lawsuit, they quit responding entirely to my emails and phone messages. I have a 5" vertical jagged scar on my knee that will stay with me forever. I am still undergoing physical therapy hoping I will someday climb stairs without pain.

Insuance companies suck. They force you to hire a lawyer, as I had to do, who will take 1/3 off the top and leave you to pay all medical deductibles, etc. The insurance company was The Hartford. Please feel free to contact them and let them know what you think. The value of my bike has now gone up to cover my legal fees. I can't wait to send them an updated demand letter.

Sueing the driver for the difference in the bike's value and what the insurance company pays sounds like a plausible plan. We'll see how it goes when and if I get that letter from US Suzuki regarding the production quantities.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident. Dealing with insurance companies and lawyers really sucks. If I were you, I'd keep working on them and leave the lawyers out of it. After they take their cut, you won't come out any better than if you did the negotiations.

Regarding the value of your bike, $8000 sounds high. I just bought an S, along with a nice low mileage 750ES, for $2500. There is an S on ebay with a BIN of $3500 - not all origional though. Oil coolers are cheap, as are stainless lines. Don't mean to sound negative, but make sure your expectations are reasonable. Lawyers charge a lot of money and the insurance companies are only going to budge so much.

Good luck and please don't take my comments the wrong. I hope you get what you want.

Ed
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

About the settlement

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your accident. Dealing with insurance companies and lawyers really sucks. If I were you, I'd keep working on them and leave the lawyers out of it. After they take their cut, you won't come out any better than if you did the negotiations.

Regarding the value of your bike, $8000 sounds high. I just bought an S, along with a nice low mileage 750ES, for $2500. There is an S on ebay with a BIN of $3500 - not all origional though. Oil coolers are cheap, as are stainless lines. Don't mean to sound negative, but make sure your expectations are reasonable. Lawyers charge a lot of money and the insurance companies are only going to budge so much.

Good luck and please don't take my comments the wrong. I hope you get what you want.

Ed
                      I have one completed Ebay auction for $6800 for a bike much lesser than mine. Another sold for $5000 and a third that didn't sell but did receive bids up to $5000. Add a couple of grand for the magnesium wheels and a few bucks for the rack and oil cooler (with A/N fittings) and I think I have a case.

And thanks for your good wishes.

Mike

Comment

Are they going to let you keep the bike ??? Maybe work something out that way ++ LOTS of $$$$$$$ for perminate injury

Comment

Suddenly you feel severe non specific back pain...the kind that might keep you from ever working again...at least 1,000,000 in lost potential earnings...my ex wife got a block long ride on the hood of a senile ladie's car after being swept off her SV650....something about mixing up the accelerator and the brake pedal...then she was cast off into a parking lot wwhen the old bat found the brake. My ex certainly had some nasty road rash, but she looks awful active and healthy for a chick with a 75,000 dollar settlemnt for the back injury i'm pretty sure she never had...kind of how our divorce went, as i recall. anyqway, you start talking back injury and insurance folks often start talking settlement

even if your just going with the knee thing, you should be getting something for your injuries. thats where the lawyer comes in handy.

be persistant in any case.
                          A couple months ago you were toolin' on down the avenue, minding your own business, when out of nowhere, this fumbling, stumbling individual by the name of Freddie Fuddle flew through a Stop Sign and plowed into you with a gigantic, rip-roaring, screeching broadside. You were wearing your seat belt but it was still a thundering crash that wrenched and whipped you around the inside of your motor vehicle something fierce!

How the liability system actually works, in the world of insurance claims, is a joke because what America’s motor vehicle law’s are supposed to accomplish often has little (if anything) to do with reality! DEFINING NEGLIGENCE AND FAULT: Negligence, for the purpose of a motor vehicle insurance claim settlement, can be defined as weather the motorist allegedly held at fault for an accident did that which he should have done (or not have done) resulting in harm or injury to you the claimant.

Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2008, 03:24 AM. Reason: adding links

Comment

A gs1000s went for £8500 here in uk...it was immmaculate...look up ebay here to...I got smacked off my gsxr750f . They offered me peanuts said an immaculate bike was worth £1k...proved them wrong by watching auctions at proper auctioneers ( not ebay)...3.5k 3.9k and 4.5k for immaculate bikes.
                            Got 4x there first offer and my bike back

Comment

Working...
                            X