Gas Gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Gauge?

I have a 1978 GS750. I haven't seen anything in the manual about a gas gauge or anything like that. is there any sort of gauge aside from using the trip odometer (which at the moment is not working)?

Hi Mr. shadowfist,

If your bike has a fuel gauge, it will be located on the instrument cluster, usually between the speedometer and tachometer. I'm not sure if your model year bike came with one.

Mine has a fuel gauge, but i also use my tripmeter and reserve setting on my petcock to let me know I need gas. My bike has been getting pretty consistent mileage and I can usually tell within 5 or 10 miles when I'll be hitting the reserve.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

The 78 GS750 doesn't have a fuel gauge. You get to use your choice of the trip odometer (I had to replace the entire instrument cluster to fix the one on my GS1100) or the reserve on the petcock.
      JP
      1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
      1992 Concours
      2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
      2007 FJR

Comment

look in the filler hole
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

alright, i guess i have to get my speedo working (tested it the other day with the tach cable so i know my speedo is working its just the drive gear or the cable that is the problem :-) cheaper that way!

Comment

Working...
          X